Characteristics of grinding method
(1) Due to the grinding wheel abrasive itself has a very high hardness and heat resistance, grinding machining high hardness materials, such as hardened steel, carbide, etc.
(2) Grinding wheels and grinding characteristics of grinding technology of micro cutting system can even, AP=0.001~0.005mm; grinding speed is very high, up tov=30~50m/s General; grinding stiffness with hydraulic drive, so that grinding can economically achieve high Machining accuracy (IT6~IT5) and small surface roughness (Ra=0.8~0.2 μ m). One of the main methods of grinding is a finishing of parts.
(3) Due to the dramatic friction, grinding temperature is very high. This can cause stress and deformation of the workpiece, even resulting in burns on the surface of the workpiece. Must be poured so grinding coolant, to lower the temperature. Coolant can also chip and lubrication.
(4) The radial force when grinding is very large. This will cause the machine? wheel?workpiece system elastic yield and the actual cutting depth is less than the nominaldepth of cut. So grinding will be completed on time, finishing using knife to remove the error.
(5) After the abrasive wear, grinding force increases, resulting in grinding grain broken or falls off, brought back sharp edge, this attribute is called "self-sharpening". Self-sharpening grinding in a certain period to work properly, but after a certain time should be manually trimmed to avoid increased grinding forces cause vibration, noise and damage the workpiece surface quality.